[Lustre-discuss] e2fsprogs-1.40.2.cfs5-0redhat.x86_64.rpm install conflicts with e2fsprogs-libs-1.39-10.el5.rpm

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren at Level3.com
Tue Feb 19 13:53:51 PST 2008

I finally had a chance to get in and make this change to the rpm.

It turns out that e2fsprogs-1.40.2.cfs5 already has the line in the spec.in file.  It does not make it into the build spec file however.  I didn't investigate why it didn't show up.  But I added it to the SPEC/*.spec file manually and rebuilt the RPM.

The RPM produced this way does correctly update the e2fsprogs-libs RPM on the CentOS box.  So I don't know why it doesn't make it from the spec.in file, but once it does, it will solve the problem.