[Lustre-discuss] some questunes

Mailer PH mail at powhosts.com
Mon Feb 25 14:14:08 PST 2008

> On the MTD ? or on all OST's ?

> On whatever node you are trying to re-use/re-deploy.  I'm afraid I
> forget the context of your original question.

The initial thread was a problem to mount an OST after it crashes and reformated on a new server with --index=....
When mouting it get error --> OST with the same ID allready in use
So the --write-conf as a solution to delete all logs make sense
But i just wanted to make sure i fully understand and asked
Where the tunefs.lustre ........ --write-conf need to be on
MDT only ? the crashed OST ? or on all nodes on the claster ?

Thanks ,