[Lustre-discuss] lustre quota problems

Patrick Winnertz patrick.winnertz at credativ.de
Wed Jan 2 02:27:56 PST 2008

Hello,

I've several problems with quota on our testcluster:

When I set the quota for a person to a given value (e.g. the values which
are provided in the operations manual), I'm able to write exact the amount
which is set with setquota.
But when I delete the files(file) I'm not able to use this space again.

Here is what I've done in detail:
lfs checkquota -ug /mnt/testfs
lfs setquota -u winnie 307200 309200 10000 11000 /mnt/testfs

Now I wrote one single big file with dd.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/testfs/test

As expected it stops writing the file after it is ~300 MB large.
Removing this file and restarting dd leads to a zero-sized file, because
the disk quota is exceeded.

Does anybody know this behaviour and know what is wrong here? (I guess some
values are cached).

Thanks in advance!
Patrick Winnertz

--
Patrick Winnertz
Tel.: +49 (0) 2161 / 4643 - 0

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz