[Lustre-discuss] lustre quota problems

Roland Laifer Laifer at RZ.Uni-Karlsruhe.DE
Wed Jan 2 02:51:28 PST 2008

Hello,

we had the same problem with our Lustre software from HP (HP SFS).
HP opened CFS bug 12431 (which is not visible to the public and
for us). Therefore, I'm not sure which Lustre version includes
the corresponding fix. HP provided a fix on top of their newest
SFS version which fixed the problem.

Here is a part of the explanation for the problem:
Files which did not decrease the quota when they were deleted had
inode->i_dquota set to NULL which should not happen. The root cause
was in filter_destroy() and filter_commitrw_commit().

Regards,
  Roland
  Roland Laifer
  Rechenzentrum, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH), D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
  Email: Roland.Laifer at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de, Phone: +49 721 608 4861,
  Fax: +49 721 32550, Web: www.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/personen/roland.laifer