[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Falling over

Charles Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Fri Jan 11 11:06:07 PST 2008

It is just a confidence/testing issue.    Since 1.6.4.1 is not a "bug-
fix only" release, it will be essentially untested for us.   Since we
run a production cluster, this is not acceptable.   We put 1.6.3 into
service originally without the thorough testing it needed and we were
*VERY* sorry.   Applying a specific patch to a known code base is a
good bit safer though not foolproof.

Charlie Taylor
UF HPC Center