[Lustre-discuss] mpi-io support

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Mon Jan 14 10:24:32 PST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008  11:17 -0500, Weikuan Yu wrote:
> The MPI-IO patch that was deposited in the lustre contrib tree has been
> continuously maintained and developed at ORNL. You may refer to this webpage
> for the latest version that is compatible with the latest MPICH2-1.0.6p1. I
> have users reported successes about it.
>
> # http://ft.ornl.gov/projects/io/  --> Code Downoad and Readme

Tom,
it probably makes sense to add this new patch to the CVS lustre/contrib
so it is more likely to be in the hands of Lustre users.  Please also
add the above URL to lustre/contrib/README so users can check for updates.

Weikuan,
has this updated version been submitted to MPICH2 yet?  Is there any reason
NOT to submit it to the upstream MPICH2 maintainers so all users get the
benefit of this work?

> On Jan 11, 2008 8:13 PM, Jim Williams <jwilliam at arsc.edu> wrote:
> > When running an earlier version of lustre (1.4.6) we had partial mpi-io
> > support.
> > Since upgrading to 1.4.11, that seems to have disappeared.  The version
> > that we're running is a local compile & 1.4.6 was provided by Sun when we
> > deployed the machine.  After searching the list archives I see references
> > to the adio driver in the contrib tree & I suspect that the person who
> > built the version that we're running didn't include it.  Is that the only
> > missing component or do I need to do anything else to get mpi-io to work?

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.