[Lustre-discuss] Off-topic: largest existing Lustre file system?

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Mon Jan 14 12:41:42 PST 2008

Hi there,

I was asked by a friend of a business contact of mine the other day to share
some information about Lustre; seems he's planning to build what will
eventually be about a 3 PB file system.

The CFS website doesn't appear to have any information on field deployments
worth bragging about, so I figured I'd ask, just for fun; does anyone know:

- the size of the largest working Lustre file system currently in the field
- the highest sustained number of IOPS seen with Lustre, and what the
backend was?

cheers,
Klaus