[Lustre-discuss] missing manpages - or: what sense do these programs have

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 16 05:17:06 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 02:49:17PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Jan 09, 2008  14:26 +0100, Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> > as one of the debian maintainers I would like to get to know which sense
> > these programs have (in order to write the manpages).
> > I found nowhere informations on how to use these programs, so they are in
> > fact atm useless for users.
> >
> >  - lst
> >  - lstclient
>
> These are new commands for "lnet self test".  They should be installed always,
> to allow diagnosing networking performance/configuration issues.  Sorry, I
> don't know the details, though you could file a documentation bug on them.

It's already documented in the Luste I/O Kit chapter of the Lustre manual. It will
appear in the next edition (v. 1_11) of the Lustre manual.

Before the updated manual is released, you can get it here:
https://bugzilla.lustre.org/attachment.cgi?id=14792

Isaac