[Lustre-discuss] Which benchmark do you use for lustre?

Oral, H. Sarp (oad) oralhs at ornl.gov
Wed Jul 2 07:00:56 PDT 2008

Depends on what you are testing, actually.

For metadata testing, we use the "mdtest" tool. Also, the small tests
scripts delivered under the Lustre test collection (e.g. creatmany) or
kernel source tree tar/untar operations or simply building a kernel come
handy as benchmarks when stressing the MDS.

For large block I/O testing we use "xdd," "IOR," or "sgp_dd" tools.

Sarp