[Lustre-discuss] Which benchmark do you use for lustre?

Mark Seger Mark.Seger at hp.com
Wed Jul 2 07:10:25 PDT 2008

and of course you run collect (see - http://collectl.sourceforge.net/)
at the same time in another window, right?  also see
http://collectl.sourceforge.net/Tutorial-Lustre.html and if you use an
infiniband interconnect you can monitor that at the same time as well.

I think the biggest problem with most benchmark tools when run by
themselves is they tend to report a summary of MB/sec, IOs/sec or
whatever else they're measuring but isn't it just as important to look
at what's happening in between?  that's what collectl is all about.  It
doesn't exercise the system but rather tells you what it's doing at any
point in time, which can be as often as once a second (or even less!) if
you so choose.

-mark