[Lustre-discuss] duplicate

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Sun Jul 6 20:52:24 PDT 2008

On Jul 06, 2008  21:44 +0200, Papp Tam�s wrote:
> How can I disable az OSS from the cluster, so clisnt nodes do not want
> to make an access to it?
>
> I mean the following:
>
> The node get down, for example HW failure, its raid array has lost. I
> don't care, I just want to disable or remove it from the cluster, and
> the restore the missing (0 sized) files. The following day I repair the
> node, so I want to make it available again.
>
> I know, there is lctl deactivate, but it is only for writing, I need a
> global set.

If you only do "lctl deactivate" on the MDS, then it will only stop
the MDS from allocating new objects on this OST.  If you also do
"lctl deactivate" on the clients then they will return -EIO when
accessing files on this OST instead of waiting for recovery.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.