[Lustre-discuss] duplicate

Papp Tamás tompos at martos.bme.hu
Sun Jul 6 12:44:19 PDT 2008

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> The Server Network Striping project has been put on hold, due to complexity
> of the design required to allow asynchronous writes to work with RAID-5/6
> type layouts (data + parity).  There has been some discussion about
> implementing only RAID-1 (mirroring), but whether that becomes a feature
> that is implemented depends on how many customers are interested in using
> RAID-1.

Thank you for the info.

I have an other question.

How can I disable az OSS from the cluster, so clisnt nodes do not want
to make an access to it?

I mean the following:

The node get down, for example HW failure, its raid array has lost. I
don't care, I just want to disable or remove it from the cluster, and
the restore the missing (0 sized) files. The following day I repair the
node, so I want to make it available again.

I know, there is lctl deactivate, but it is only for writing, I need a
global set.

Thank you,

tamas