[Lustre-discuss] Mirroring lustre distfiles

Fri Jul 25 05:59:17 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 02:07 -0400, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2008  10:28 +0000, Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
> > is it allowed to mirror lustre distfiles? I'm preparing Gentoo ebuilds
> > and am not sure whether I should force users to download them
> > manually.
> > Also, is the license just GPL-2 or did I miss something?
>
> Lustre is GPL v2, you can do whatever the license allows you to do,
> which includes redistribution.  There is already a Debian packaging
> of Lustre.

I may have been interpreting him incorrectly but I thought his question
was can he redistribute the packages we produce?  i.e. download from
SDLC and then host and redistribute those packages.

I'm not sure that that changes Andreas' answer or not, but just wanted
to clarify.  I don't know if resulting RPMs themselves can have a
licence any different than that which they package.  An interesting
thing to ponder.

b.