[Lustre-discuss] lctl problem

Maxim V. Patlasov Maxim.Patlasov at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 2 06:14:18 PDT 2008

David,

If you have both tcp and IB configured, I guess there is something like
this in /etc/modprobe.conf:

options lnet 'networks="tcp(eth0),o2ib(ib0)"'

Try to substitute tcp(eth0) with tcp0(eth0),tcp1(eth1) there. As for
add_interface lctl command - this is for some special ksocklnd feature
resembling ethernet-bonding. The effect is the same as tcp(eth0,eth1) in
modprobe.conf. And tcp(eth0,eth1) is not equivalent to
tcp0(eth0),tcp1(eth1) thoroughly.

Sincerely,
Maxim