[Lustre-discuss] Performance parameters

Tue Jun 10 10:10:03 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 17:59 +0200, Enrico Morelli wrote:

> Ok, I'm sorry but our real problem is that the system is very slow
> when the user perform 'ls' or shell commands that require access to
> metadata infos. We have about 30 person that access simultaneously to
> the system.

What storage system(s) do you have behind your MDS(es) and OSS(es) and
how are they connected?  What kind of interconnect do you have between
your clients and your MDS(es) and OSS(es)?

> What we can do to speed-up the system to solve this problem?

You could try increasing the lru cache
(/proc/fs/lustre/ldlm/namespaces/<osc>/lru_size) on your clients.

> Adding another MDT can help?

You cannot have more than 1 MDT at this time.

b.