[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.5 and OFED?

Fri Jun 20 05:31:58 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 16:14 -0700, Kilian CAVALOTTI wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2008 04:35:41 am Greenseid, Joseph M. wrote:
> > Is there any word on when the IB packages might be making it up to
> > the download site for 1.6.5?  As had been previously noted, they were
> > missing when the rest of 1.6.5 was pushed.
>
> I'd like to support this request, since this is part of the 1.6.5
> Changelog:
> """
> Severity: enhancement
> Bugzilla: 15316
> """

1.6.5.1 is in QA right now to solve this issue as well as include a few
other minor bugfixes.

> Also, the download site lists lustre-client and lustre-client-modules
> RPMs for RHEL5 and SLES10, but not for RHEL4 nor SLES9. Is that by
> design, or are they missing too?

Yes, by design.  lustre-client[-modules] is the patchless client which
only works reliably on more recent kernels (I think our cuttoff is
around 2.6.15 or 2.6.16 or so), so we don't produce it for SLES9 and
RHEL4, which are quite vintage kernels these days.

b.