[Lustre-discuss] Gluster then DRBD now Lustre?

Andreas Dilger adilger at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 23 13:44:09 PDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008  10:40 -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> If you have a dedicated gigabit link (no congestion), InfiniBand might
> work pretty well. I've used the Obsidian Longbow IB WAN extenders, and
> got better performance using IB than over TCP. I believe there is also a
> version that does AES encryption as well.
>
> Has anyone tried lustre over a 100ms latency IB wan link?

I'm not sure of the latency, but Lustre is used over a WAN at Indiana
University, and they can pretty much saturate a 10GigE link with a
single client...  Google for "Indiana Lustre WAN" and you'll find a
paper on this.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.