[Lustre-discuss] MDT Failover not functioning properly with Lustre FS

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Thu Mar 6 15:50:23 PST 2008

Hi Narjit,

My usual syntax with mkfs.lustre/tunefs.lustre is something like this:

tunefs.lustre --erase-params --writeconf --failnode=tm0-1 at tcp
--failnode=tm0-0 at tcp --failnode=172.16.130.249 at tcp1
--failnode=172.16.131.249 at tcp2 --failnode=172.16.130.252 at tcp1
--failnode=172.16.131.252 at tcp2 /dev/sdd

i.e. I use more explicit notation. Specifying '--mgsnode=mgs1
--mgsnode=mgs2' will likely work as you expected.

If you're using bash, the '[]' expansion is usually only suited to filename
expansion, thusly:

-- cut --
[root at tiger ~]# echo mgs[1-2]
mgs[1-2]
[root at tiger ~]# touch mgs1 mgs2
[root at tiger ~]# echo mgs[1-2]
mgs1 mgs2
[root at tiger ~]# rm mgs[1-2]
rm: remove regular empty file `mgs1'? y
rm: remove regular empty file `mgs2'? y
[root at tiger ~]# touch mgs[1-2]
[root at tiger ~]# ls mgs\[1-2\]
mgs[1-2]
[root at tiger ~]# rm mgs\[1-2\]
rm: remove regular empty file `mgs[1-2]'? y
[root at tiger ~]# touch mgs{1,2}
[root at tiger ~]# ls mgs[1-2]
mgs1  mgs2
[root at tiger ~]#
-- cut --

Your mileage may vary, but again, using the full notation can save some
confusion over things like this.

cheers,
Klaus

On 3/6/08 1:45 PM, "Chadha, Narjit" <Narjit.Chadha at necam.com>did etch on