[Lustre-discuss] socknal_sd00 100% lower?

Maxim V. Patlasov Maxim.Patlasov at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 7 10:23:41 PST 2008

Brock,

> Notice the amount of cpu time given to sd00  and how sd01 has done
> nothing.  What could cause this?
Please try Isaac's recommendation:
> So if you have multiple CPUs and a single NIC (or more precisely Lustre
> only uses a single NIC) I'd suggest to try:
> options ksocklnd enable_irq_affinity=0

Also, please note, that you need to have several heavy-loaded tcp
connections to get fair load balancing. In the case of point-to-point
test the recommendation above may not help.

Sincerely,
Maxim