[Lustre-discuss] OSS not healty

Thu Mar 13 07:01:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 14:55 +0100, Frank Mietke wrote:

> I think, no, because all the other OSTs show the same size. Is there a way to
> request the assumptions of disk size from the MGS/MDS?

The MGS/MDS just uses an underlying (enhanced) ext3 filesystem we call
ldiskfs.  If you install the latest version of our e2fsprogs you can use
debugfs' "stat" command to get the various parameters of the filesystem.
You can use the block count and block size to calculate the size that
ext3/ldiskfs thinks it is and compare that to the size
that /proc/partitions thinks it is.

b.