[Lustre-discuss] Download Problems with lustre 1.6.4.3

Michael Sternberg sternberg at anl.gov
Thu Mar 20 20:10:46 PDT 2008

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Oleg Drokin <Oleg.Drokin at
> sun.com> wrote:
> >  On Mar 20, 2008, at 4:55 AM, Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> >  > I've tried just some minutes ago to download the sourcecode of
> >  > lustre from
> >  > [1], but it failed with this error:
> >
> >  Please try http://downloads.lustre.org
> >  This is new downloads site that went onto comission just
> yesterday, so
> >  no wide announcements were made yet, it seems.
>
> I've been attempting to convince sun that their download website sucks
> and they need to change it, I could paste the entire email thread but
> that would be cruel, to you guys.

I had the *very same* experience, receiving from SDLC talk about
firewall settings etc., culminating in an off-topic and canned
referral to the Java development community -- very frustrating.
I found the RPMs I was seeking at the download site Oleg mentioned.
Feels like arriving at an oasis of sanity.  -- Thank you very much!

Regards, Michael