[Lustre-discuss] How to get paid-for Lustre support

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:41:12 PDT 2008

A month ago I told my boss I'd get a quote for officially supporting Lustre.

I followed the links from SUN's Lustre web pages to support, filled
out a questionnaire, and a Sun representative called me.

I told them what sort of support I wanted for Lustre.

They asked for server serial numbers: I assured them this is a pile of
PC's, and I didn't want hardware support, just Lustre support... they
said they couldn't give me a quote unless I had them... So I provided
serial numbers and descriptions.

They got back to me yesterday and said "they don't support Solaris on
those machines".  I told them I didn't want Solaris support, I wanted
Lustre support.

Today, they said:

>After further research I have found that the Lustre support that you
>wish to receive can be found on our open source site. Please refer to
>the link below.
>
>http://www.sun.com/software/products/lustre/index.xml

Which is where this all started.

Will SUN sell support for Lustre?