[Lustre-discuss] How to get paid-for Lustre support

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu May 8 01:24:07 PDT 2008

On May 07, 2008  19:41 -0600, Chris Worley wrote:
> A month ago I told my boss I'd get a quote for officially supporting Lustre.
>
> I followed the links from SUN's Lustre web pages to support, filled
> out a questionnaire, and a Sun representative called me.
>
> I told them what sort of support I wanted for Lustre.
>
> They asked for server serial numbers: I assured them this is a pile of
> PC's, and I didn't want hardware support, just Lustre support... they
> said they couldn't give me a quote unless I had them... So I provided
> serial numbers and descriptions.
>
> They got back to me yesterday and said "they don't support Solaris on
> those machines".  I told them I didn't want Solaris support, I wanted
> Lustre support.
>
> Today, they said:
>
> >After further research I have found that the Lustre support that you
> >wish to receive can be found on our open source site. Please refer to
> >the link below.
> >
> >http://www.sun.com/software/products/lustre/index.xml
>
> Which is where this all started.
>
> Will SUN sell support for Lustre?

I believe lustre-solutions at sun.com (CC'd) is the right place to ask.
That is a direct connection to the previously-CFS sales folks.  It
seems worthwhile to update the website to give a less convoluted
(and error-prone) way of contacting them.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.