[Lustre-discuss] mpi-io support

Marty Barnaby mlbarna at sandia.gov
Thu May 8 11:35:11 PDT 2008

To return to this discussion, in recent testing, I have found that
writing to a Lustre FS via a higher level library, like PNetCDF, fails
because the default for value for romio_ds_write is not disable. This is
set in the mpich code in the file /src/mpi/romio/adio/common/ad_hints.c

I believe it has something to do with locking issues. I'm not sure how
best to handle this, I'd prefer the data sieving default be disable,
though I don't know all the implications there. Maybe an ad_lustre_open
should be a place where the  _ds_  hints are set to disable.

Marty Barnaby