[Lustre-discuss] Benchmarking small file performance

Kumaran Rajaram krajaram at sgi.com
Mon May 19 09:14:30 PDT 2008

Rick,

I would suggest "fileop" benchmark in the iozone benchmark suite to
measure metadata performance. In addition, iozone comes with parallel
version to run multiple instances across clients.

http://iozone.org/

Spew is another good benchmark to measure small and large file I/O
performance
http://spew.berlios.de/

HTH,
-Kums