[Lustre-discuss] quota persistence over filesystem shutdown

Guy Coates gmpc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri May 23 04:00:02 PDT 2008

Bernd Schubert wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2008 10:09:52 Johann Lombardi wrote:
>> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:31:42AM +0200, Bernd Schubert wrote:
>>> Huh?
>> See bug 13359.

Humm,

The quotaing is still not persistent.

I've created a new filesystem and ran:

 tunefs.lustre    --param="xxt.quota_type=ug"

on the MDS and OSTs. However, when I started the MDS/OSTs I got the following error:

May 23 11:31:31 bc-1-1-01 kernel: Lustre: Ignoring unrecognized param
'xxt.quota_type=ug'

Confusingly, that error message was only see once; on subsequent remounts the
error message isn't displayed.

Guy

--
Dr. Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH, UK