[Lustre-discuss] kernel panic with 1.6.5rc2 on mds

Patrick Winnertz patrick.winnertz at credativ.de
Tue May 27 02:20:22 PDT 2008

Hello Oleg,
Sorry for this late answer...

> I do not see any panic messages in your logs. Any chance you have a
> serial console or other way to see what was the actual panic complete with
> stacktrace and other useful info? (ideally a crashdump).
After the mgs crashes there is no chance to get a konsole there.. the only
possible action is to hit the reset button and reboot the server.
But I'll try to create a coredump of the kernel and send it to you or place it
somewhere else where you can download it. (Maybe a bugreport? If yes... which
one? One of the 2 I mentioned or a new one?)

> Bug 11742 that was referenced is just related to checksum errors
> problems.
> How do you do your heavy i/o? just regular writes or mmap writes or
> what?
I'm using for the I/O tests fsstress. I'll send it to you.

Greetings
Patrick Winnertz

--
Patrick Winnertz
Tel.: +49 (0) 2161 / 4643 - 0

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz