[Lustre-discuss] kernel panic with 1.6.5rc2 on mds

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Wed May 28 10:31:34 PDT 2008

Hello!

On May 27, 2008, at 5:20 AM, Patrick Winnertz wrote:

>> I do not see any panic messages in your logs. Any chance you have a
>> serial console or other way to see what was the actual panic
>> complete with
>> stacktrace and other useful info? (ideally a crashdump).
> After the mgs crashes there is no chance to get a konsole there..
> the only
> possible action is to hit the reset button and reboot the server.
> But I'll try to create a coredump of the kernel and send it to you
> or place it
> somewhere else where you can download it. (Maybe a bugreport? If
> yes... which
> one? One of the 2 I mentioned or a new one?)

Thanks.
No need to send kernel crashdump to us. Just obtain a crashed thread
backtrace and post and email with that
(and panic message) to lustre-discuss, also indicate that you have a
complete crashdump.
We'll ask you for more details if we would need something else.

>> Bug 11742 that was referenced is just related to checksum errors
>> problems.
>> How do you do your heavy i/o? just regular writes or mmap writes or
>> what?
> I'm using for the I/O tests fsstress. I'll send it to you.

Ok, thanks.

Bye,
     Oleg