[Lustre-discuss] operation X on unconnected MDS

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Fri Nov 28 05:43:52 PST 2008

Hi all,

there are these error messages in the logs, of the type
 >  Nov 28 14:18:13 lustre kernel: LustreError:
5932:0:(handler.c:1518:mds_handle()) operation 41 on unconnected MDS
from ...

I've got many of these, operations 101, 39, 400, 41, 49 on an MDS
running Lustre 1.6.5.1, and operations 101, 33, 35, 400, 41 on an MDS
running 1.6.3
The only Google result I get on this is my own post from last August.
Even if this is nothing to worry about, it would be nice to know. But
someone should have an idea what all these error numbers mean?
Hm,   "... unconnected MDS" on the very MDS, which is up and running and
apparently functional - strange.

Regards,
Thomas