[Lustre-discuss] Patchless server

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Wed Oct 8 06:31:49 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 08:40:07AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> You are not the first person to express this desire, by a long shot, but
> I wonder, given that the servers are supposed to be dedicated Lustre
> servers, why are the already-patched binary kernel packages that we
> supply not sufficient for you?

well, one use case scenario with dedicated Luster servers could addopt almost
any kernel.

However, at the university supercomputing center, we are thinking about
scenario of a cluster file system where each computing node is also Lustre
data server so that we can unify all the local disks into one big scratch
area.. Is this insane?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek