[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.5.1 on X4200 and STK 6140 Issues

Malcolm Cowe Malcolm.Cowe at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 13 01:41:28 PDT 2008

The X4200m2 MDS systems and the X4500 OSS were rebuilt using the stock
Lustre packages (Kernel + modules + userspace). With the exception of
the RDAC kernel module, no additional software was applied to the
systems. We recreated our volumes and ran the servers over the weekend.
However, the OSS crashed about 8 hours in. The syslog output is attached
to this message.

Looks like it could be similar to bug #16404, which means patching and
rebuilding the kernel. Given my lack of success at trying to build from
source, I am again asking for some guidance on how to do this. I sent
out the steps I used to try and build from source on the 7th because I
was encountering problems and was unable to get a working set of
packages. Included in that messages was output from quilt that implies
that the kernel patching process was not working properly.

Regards,

Malcolm.

--
<http://www.sun.com>