[Lustre-discuss] Test setup configuration

Deval kulshrestha deval.kulshrestha at progression.com
Tue Oct 14 03:32:39 PDT 2008

Hi

I have setup luster as following

MGS/MDT/ost0/client- running on a x86_64 server with RHEL5.2
kaveri.hpc.com 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5_lustre.1.6.5smp

OST1/client - running on x86_64 server with RHEL5.2
gangotri 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5_lustre.1.6.5smp

Above setup is seems to be working fine, I have tested it with dd, it shows
throughput as 54.5 MB/s

Now I want to connect another Linux(RHEL4.4) client which is running on as
32 bit VM on ESX 3.5

I have installed following rpm on client
lustre-1.6.5-2.6.9_67.0.7.EL_lustre.1.6.5smp.i686.rpm
lustre-modules-1.6.5-2.6.9_67.0.7.EL_lustre.1.6.5smp.i686.rpm

and modified NIS configuration(yp.conf, ypbind), hosts file and appended
modprobe.conf with

#Networking options, see /sys/module/lnet/parameters NO ../lnet/parameters
dir
options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0)

But when I am trying to mount its giving following error

[root at ganges lustre-client]# mount -t lustre kaveri at tcp0:/spfs /mnt/spfs
mount.lustre: mount kaveri at tcp0:/spfs at /mnt/spfs failed: No such device
Are the lustre modules loaded?
Check /etc/modprobe.conf and /proc/filesystems
Note 'alias lustre llite' should be removed from modprobe.conf

Is there any compatibility issue or any mis-configuration? I m not able to
figure out what is wrong?

Please comment

Regards
Deval