[Lustre-discuss] meta freezing

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Tue Oct 14 04:07:59 PDT 2008

hi ALL,

Since we switched from 1.6.4.3 to 1.6.5.1 on one of our cluster we have
a wierd problem.

One of the node of the cluster lock up and only reset can help, it's
usually the meta node. It's already not good, but there is also
something. When the node gets up again and the recovery is starting
agaian it locks up over and over again. It's counting back and sometimes
there is only a few clients, sometimes there is no more clients, but
it's always locks up.

So I mount the mdt, umount -f, mount again, recovery is in Sstatus
INACTIVE and the cluster is working.

Now I'm out of ideas.

The cluster was made with 1.6.5.1. Is it safe to move back to 1.6.4.3? I
mean just changing he utilities and the kernel and that's all, or do I
need the do further  steps?

Thank you,

tamas