[Lustre-discuss] Supported Kernels

Tue Oct 21 07:07:14 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 10:41 +0300, Antonis Kouzoupis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to install the Lustre filesystem to cluster I own. My first
> question is if Lustre supports new kernels such us 2.6.26 or even
> 2.6.27.2 and what patches do I have to apply.

Not yet.  There are patches in bug 14250 for patchless clients (only) up
to 2.6.26, although, I am currently trying them on Ubuntu's Intrepid
2.6.27 kernel.  There is a bug tracking 2.6.27 server support although I
don't recall the bug number.  Shouldn't be too difficult to find.

>  Also do you have any irc channel for direct communication?

#lustre on freenode.  I think you will find a by far bigger audience
here on lustre-discuss however.

b.