[Lustre-discuss] Build Lustre Client

Steden Klaus Klaus.Steden at thomson.net
Thu Oct 30 23:19:05 PDT 2008

Which revision of RHEL4? There are pre-built RPMs for current versions of RHEL4 which can simply be installed. I believe you need only these RPMs to attach a client system to an existing cluster:

lustre-1.6.2-2.6.9_55.0.2.EL_lustre.1.6.2smp
kernel-lustre-smp-2.6.9-55.0.2.EL_lustre.1.6.2
lustre-modules-1.6.2-2.6.9_55.0.2.EL_lustre.1.6.2smp

Bear in mind that the version numbers are specific to the version of my cluster; they may vary for your cluster.

hth,
Klaus