[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.5.1 on the box with 2 interfaces

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Wed Sep 24 12:41:29 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have some difficulties to setup a server acting as metadata server and OST
server. The box has two interfaces, eth0 and eth2. eth0 is the primary
interface and has the ip which is associated with the hostname.

However, I would like to use the eth2 interface for Lustre.
In an ideal case, I would like to use Lustre on both interfaces. But for now,
it would be sufficient to use just the non-primary one.

I use
options lnet networks="tcp0(eth2),tcp1(eth0)"

I created the metadata:
/usr/local/lustre/sbin/mkfs.lustre --fsname=l_smaug2 --reformat --mdt --mgs
/dev/Scratch_VG/Scratch_1

I mounted the mdt:
mount /dev/Scratch_VG/Scratch_1 /mnt/lustre/mdt

Then I created the OST
/usr/local/lustre/sbin/mkfs.lustre --fsname=l_smaug2 --reformat --ost
--mgsnode=192.168.1.1 at tcp0 /dev/Scratch_VG/Scratch_2

I mounted it:
mount /dev/Scratch_VG/Scratch_2 /mnt/lustre/ost0

However, cat /proc/fs/lustre/devices shows that no OST is attached at all.

What am I missing?

eth0 has a public address,
eth2 has the 192.168.1.1 address.

--