[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.5.1 on the box with 2 interfaces

Wed Sep 24 12:58:36 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 21:41 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I have some difficulties to setup a server acting as metadata server and OST
> server.

Let's start by saying putting an MDS and OSS on the same box is not good
from both a performance and recovery point of view.  If that box fails,
recovery can fail.

> I use
> options lnet networks="tcp0(eth2),tcp1(eth0)"

> Then I created the OST
> /usr/local/lustre/sbin/mkfs.lustre --fsname=l_smaug2 --reformat --ost
> --mgsnode=192.168.1.1 at tcp0 /dev/Scratch_VG/Scratch_2
>
> I mounted it:
> mount /dev/Scratch_VG/Scratch_2 /mnt/lustre/ost0

Do you get any errors from this mount?

> However, cat /proc/fs/lustre/devices shows that no OST is attached at all.

What does it show?

> What am I missing?

You haven't really said what the problem is beyond the device list.  Did
you get errors?  Are there any problems with clients, etc.

b.