[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.5.1 on the box with 2 interfaces

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Sep 24 13:13:25 PDT 2008

Hi Lukas,

Do you want to use these interfaces together as a logical unit? The syntax
below would construct two separate LNET networks.

Additionally, you would need to qualify the mount path on the client side to
bind Lustre to a specific LNET instance, i.e. 'mount /mnt/lustre
192.168.1.1 at tcp0:/lustre', or else it will default to the first available
LNET instance. The order doesn't really matter in the module declaration,
though.

Looking at my OSS nodes, I can see entries in /proc/fs/lustre/devices, as
well as in the output of 'df'. Did you specify a file system type? Normally
when mounting either an OST or an MDT, you need to provide a '-t lustre'
argument to 'mount', or list that as the fstype in /etc/fstab. Otherwise,
I'm assuming it mounts the device as ext3, which works, but isn't usable by
Lustre.

hth,
Klaus

On 9/24/08 12:41 PM, "Lukas Hejtmanek" <xhejtman at ics.muni.cz>did etch on