[Lustre-discuss] lustre & ypbind

Ulrich Sibiller u.sibiller+lustre_discuss at science-computing.de
Wed Apr 1 08:04:21 PDT 2009

Guy Coates schrieb:
> Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 17:00 -0500, Robert Olson wrote:
>>> here's an odd one. Had a client system reboot, and when it came back
>>> ypbind was listening on port 988 and a lustre start complained bitterly:
>>
>>> Has anyone run into this?
>> Yes.
>>
> You can work around it with the portreserve package.
>
> http://cyberelk.net/tim/software/portreserve/

Simply ensure the lustre modules are loaded as early as possible. We use the following service
script for that purpose.
#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/rc.lustre-reserveport
#
# Load Lustre module ptlrpc early in boot process. This is a hack to prevent
# portmapper from handing out port 988 to different applications before
# Lustre's network layer has a chance to grab it.

case "$1" in
          start|restart|reload)
                  modprobe ptlrpc || :
                  # XXX The above apparently prevents auto-loading of module
                  #     lustre during mount. Force it in now.
                  modprobe lustre || :
                  ;;
          stop)
                  if which lustre_rmmod >/dev/null; then
                          lustre_rmmod
                  fi
                  ;;
esac

exit 0

Regards,

Uli

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,