[Lustre-discuss] lustre & ypbind

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 1 08:38:11 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:04 AM, Ulrich Sibiller wrote:

> Guy Coates schrieb:
>> Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>> You can work around it with the portreserve package.
>>
>> http://cyberelk.net/tim/software/portreserve/
>
> Simply ensure the lustre modules are loaded as early as possible. We
> use the following service
> script for that purpose.

Thank you to all for your suggestions. In particular the one above
jogs my memory - I had done exactly that in a previous test
incarnation of a lustre service here by hacking a "modprobe lustre"
into the ypbind startup script. Having an actual startup script to do
it is just a little cleaner :-).

--bob