[Lustre-discuss] Lustre as a reliable f/s for an archive datacentre

John Ouellette john.ouellette at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Apr 8 15:00:28 PDT 2009

I'm afraid I'm still not up-to-speed with Lustre (still just reading
docs).  Do you mean that you can configure Lustre to have N+1 redundancy
wrt file data?  i.e. If you have two independent OSSs, can you configure
Lustre so you can take one down and still have access to the data (with
no direct hardware connections from the second OSS to the OSTs of the
box that's being taken down)?

Thx,
John