[Lustre-discuss] Lustre as a reliable f/s for an archive datacentre

Kevin Fox Kevin.Fox at pnl.gov
Wed Apr 8 15:25:06 PDT 2009

No, I'm afraid not.

What you can do is fibre attach (or some other shared protocol, say
iscsi) the storage to two different OSS's. When OSS1 fails, OSS2 can
share out the OST until OSS1 comes back.

If your storage is directly attached to only one OSS, there is currently
no way to have that OST's data available when the OSS goes off line.
(Well, other then trying the drbd trick I mentioned in my other message.
Thats untested, YMMV, IANAL, etc, etc :)

Kevin