[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8 patched kernel for RHEL5 clients?

Alex Lyashkov Alexey.Lyashkov at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 17 20:38:07 PDT 2009

Hello,

for clients, main difference is two patches -
first is adjust stack size to 8k, this need for run nfs and lustre
clients at same node, otherwise can be stack overflow.
second patch is light changes in dcache - which allow less tricky work
with dcache.

any big performance changes should be don't exist.

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 06:06 -0700, Adeyemi Adesanya wrote:
> Is there ANY reason for running a patched lustre 1.8 RHEL5 kernel vs.
> an unpatched RHEL5 kernel on a client machine? My impression so far is
> that there is no need (assuming that the unpatched kernel is newer
> than 2.6.???)  Just wanted to confirm that there is no slight
> performance advantage for RHEL5 lustre clients that run a patched
> kernel.
>
> ------
> Yemi
Alex Lyashkov <alexey.lyashkov at sun.com>