[Lustre-discuss] exporting lustre over nfs to osx

Tue Apr 21 13:23:33 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 15:59 -0400, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> Is it possible to mount a lustre file system that's being exported via
> nfs,

Yes.

> on a Mac OSX workstation?

Dunno about that part.  I haven't done that myself.

> I searched through the web, but I'm unable to find any references to
> anyone trying it whether successful or failure.

Certainly there is lots of success stories of mounting nfs exported
lustre.  As for the specifically with MacOS X, that's the unknown.

> When I try it here on my testbed it mounts fine, but sending any data
> causes an input/output error and does not create the file at all.

Do you get any errors on the Lustre client (NFS server)?

b.