[Lustre-discuss] NFS export problem

Ralf Utermann ralf.utermann at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Apr 23 01:29:05 PDT 2009

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2009  11:05 +0200, Ralf Utermann wrote:
>> on a Debian etch system, I have NFS-mounted a Lustre
>> filesystem. The mount was possible without error.
>
> Note that you can also get Debian packages for Lustre...

I use the Debian packages, backported to lenny. The latest critical patch
had been integrated manually.

[...]
>> kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 45
>
> Do you mean "43" instead of "45"?  Please see thread this week about
> OS/X client + NFS export on this same list.

It is really 45, not the 43 from the OS/X thread.

>> All systems have nss  access to the same user database, although
>> the example above does not even need this (no root squash on
>> Lustre and NFS).
>
> If you are sure the numeric userid is the same on the NFS client and
> the MDS then it may be a different issue.  Please run "id" on the
> client to list the userid, and "/usr/sbin/l_getgroups -d {uid}" on
> the MDS to verify that the UID can be resolved properly.

I have the problems with user root, as well as with other users. The
uid is definitely the same on the systems:

user root:
on NFS client id gives: uid=0
on MDS: # /usr/sbin/l_getgroups -d 0
uid=0 gid=0

another user:
on NFS client id gives: uid=6014
on MDS: # /usr/sbin/l_getgroups -d 6014
l_getgroups: _nss_dce_init: initializing NSS/DCE library.
uid=6014 gid=234

[NSS/DCE library is our own library to connect nss
 on linux to our DCE cell]

regards, Ralf
--
        Ralf Utermann