[Lustre-discuss] Lustre and iSCSI

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:11:50 PDT 2009

Hi Andreas. NFS is fine for XenServer so think it is worth evaluating
Lustre as a proof of concept for storage pool. First step I want to
take is to setup a single node (everything on the one node as you have
identified) to ensure XenServer can properly connect to NFS through
Lustre.

Beyond that, I'd be interested in assembling more nodes in some HA
configuration to obtain read performance in neighborhood of 100-200MB/
s and writes of 25-50MB/sec. Not quite sure how many nodes that would
take. In any case, hoping these sort of numbers are not too pie in the
sky. My understanding is that adding more nodes will not only increase
storage volume but speed.

Will be looking through documentation for an all on one node install
for first part of evaluation. Many thanks

Regards,
David