[Lustre-discuss] Distributed Object storage lookup of small files

Jim McCusker mccusker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:05:03 PDT 2009

We have had good performance using Lucene as a search engine in Java
backed by Lustre (mentioned in a previous email):

http://krauthammerlab.med.yale.edu/imagefinder

The images are in a hashed directory structure that provides O(1)
access to the image file contents, and the search engine in turn
serves as a flexible hash table that provides O(1) per search term
access to keywords, metadata, and full text.

Lucene is available at http://lucene.apache.org and is a joy to work with.

Jim