[Lustre-discuss] Distributed Object storage lookup of small files

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:14:54 PDT 2009

Hi Jim. That is pretty cool. See there are more than 300,000 records
at present. Curious about how this will work when you get into much
larger scale with RAM requirement to perform search since this goes up
substantially with lucene as number of docs goes up. I have have
tended to look at sharding and parallel multisearch as means of
horizontally scaling Lucene by breaking into chunks. This approach is
interesting and just interested how you anticipate scale and
performance with document growth. Many thanks.

Regards
David