[Lustre-discuss] MDS and OSS on different network

Fri Aug 28 09:25:05 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 12:13 -0400, Yujun Wu wrote:

> My question is simplier: does this mean I can put MDS and OSSs on
> different network?

Of course.

> If yes, is this feature available in 1.8 or still
> testing?

It has always been possible.  The only requirement is that all OSSes,
and MDSes (for a single filesystem) must be able to reach each other as
well that all clients must be able to reach all OSSes and MDSes that
serve it's filesystems.  Clients do not need to be able to reach other
however.

That's the logical requirements.  Physical requirements are the same
(obviously), but things like latency and bandwidth between the networks
will obvious affect the performance.

b.