[Lustre-discuss] CRC32C not usable for ISCSI in IB RPM

Daniel Kulinski dank at weinmangeoscience.com
Mon Aug 31 10:56:37 PDT 2009

I am trying to update to the latest Lustre packages.  We have an iSCSI
backend and when I install kernel-ib and try to log into my devices I get an
error about CRC32C being unavailable.

I have this in the boot messages:

alg: No test for crc32c (crc32c-generic)

Then, when I try to log into an iscsi device I get this:

connection1:0: Could not create connection due to crc32c loading error. Make
sure the crc32c module is built as a module or into the kernel

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get crc32c working?

Thanks,

  Dan Kulinski